Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's time to play the Feud!

I am a long time 'Family Feud' guy. My favorite hosts have been Ray Combs (moment of silence for Ray Combs) and John O'Hurley. I remember being an avid watcher as a kid on sick days and winter break. Then there were the summers when it was on after 'Montel Williams' and before 'Studs.'

These days I only have 9 channels and being on sabbatical leaves me with a lot of time and not a long I don't have a lot of programming options. Watching 'the feud' has become a staple of life the past couple of months. It is on from 3-4 and I rarely miss an episode. It is quality time with an old friend.

There is one thing I cannot get over. If the family doesn't with Fast Money the prize is still $5.00 per point. It has been that way since I was young. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. I am unable to believe that the powers that be haven't increased the amount in 20 years.

Another random item is that Joey Fatone is the announcer. Not the host, the person who at the start of the show says 'Live from Universal Orlando, it's 'Family Feud.' Good to see he's getting some post N'Sync work.

No comments: